Being in any accident can be a traumatic experience, emotionally and often physically as well. An accident involving a bus is even more so. Mingus Mountain Law Group provides these tips on what to do after a bus accident in Prescott or Flagstaff.
If your vehicle is involved in a collision with a bus, you’re likely to have injuries and serious damage to your car. If you’re riding the bus, you may be injured because of a low level of safety for bus riders.
In the state of Arizona, under ARS 28-101, a bus is defined as “a motor vehicle designed for carrying sixteen or more passengers, including the driver.”
There are some important matters to consider regarding buses:
- Buses handle very differently than cars
- The safety measures are less strict than the standards for cars
- Buses often do not require seat belts
- Modern school buses are generally designed to be safer than cars
- Buses are harder to maneuver than cars
In a collision involving a bus, there are quite often more injuries and more responsible parties than an automobile accident. It’s important to make sure that you fully protect your rights and your ability to receive appropriate compensation for your injuries and damages.
Here are some important things to do when in an accident involving a bus:
- Get immediate medical attention
- The bus staff should call 9-1-1, but if they don’t, make sure you do
- When dispatched, the police will document the accident, interview witnesses, and observe the scene
- Go to the hospital if emergency staff suggests it
- As soon as you can, document your account of the details of the accident
- Get the business cards of any officers on the scene
- Call Mingus Mountain Law Group!
Mingus Mountain Law Group realizes a bus accident in Prescott or Flagstaff can be a very frightening experience. We are here to help you navigate the legal web after a collision. We are so confident in our ability to obtain the result you deserve that you only pay a fee if we win your case. If you, a family member or loved one has been injured by the negligence of another, call us in Prescott at 928-775-9398, in Flagstaff at 928-779-9304.